Just want to let everyone know that I am STILL in Maine! I had a mammogram come back showing calcifications. This is new since last year’s mammogram. So, the day before I was suppose to leave, they called me back for a second mammogram and suggested that I postpone my trip until the results was in. The results of the second mammogram was inconclusive and now, I am waiting for a biopsy on August 4.
I really don’t think that there is much to worry about. Calcifications are very normal for women. My mom and sister both have them. The biopsy is just a precaution. So, I am very optimistic. I think it sounds much worse than it actually is.
I have packed my bags twice and told David when I wasn’t able to fly last weekend, that “third time is a charm”!!! Honestly, I believe that everything happens for a reason and for whatever reason, I am not suppose to be in Chile right now, but here in Maine.
So, please say a prayer when you think of me….those are always welcomed! I will keep you posted.